Innovation and Leadership
|Location:||Virtual Room via Zoom Meeting|
|Time:||Friday, 13:15 – 16:30|
|Language:||English / Englisch|
|Credit points/ Contact hours:||5 ECTS/ 4 SWS|
|StudOn:||Join StudOn course|
|Univis:||Course information on Univis|
|Lecturers:||Prof. Dr. Kathrin M. Möslein
Matthäus Wilga, M.Sc., M.Sc.
[ Findet im WS 2020 virtuell statt / Is offered in winter term 2020 virtually ]
+++ IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this seminar will for the moment take place virtually with no physical presence. All participants have to register in the respective course on StudOn. A constant monitoring of the course is essential, as all important information and access to the course material will be communicated over this channel. +++
Creating a sustainable innovative environment is a leadership task. In order to succeed at this task, leaders must develop innovative abilities to deal with the challenges inherent in a business environment characterized by fluid, unstructured and changing information. The aim of this course is thereby twofold.
First, the course delineates and describes different yet emerging innovation tools, organizing them into a coherent set of classes. Each class of tools is described using a set of up-to-date business cases that depict the current status of the information systems.
The second aim of this course is to get an overview of how to structure leadership systems towards innovation, how leaders can motivate to foster innovative thinking and what new forms of innovation (e.g. open innovation) mean for the definition of leadership.
In doing so, this lecture represents an Idea Transformation Class as students are encouraged not only to merely develop, but to actively deploy specifically developed concepts.
Registration via StudOn starting on 07.10.2020 at 10:00 CET, ending 26.10.2020. Furthermore, an examination application is obligatory via myCampus (in the examination registration period).
- Friday, 06.11.2020: 13:15 – 16:30 CET (virtually via Zoom)
- Friday, 13.11.2020: 13:15 – 16:30 CET (virtually via Zoom)
- Friday, 20.11.2020: 15:00 – 16:30 CET (+ optional Q&A Session from 16:45 – 17:15, virtually via Zoom)
- Friday, 04.12.2020: 15:00 – 16:30 CET (virtually via Zoom)
- Friday, 11.12.2020: 13:15 – 16:30 CET (virtually via Zoom)
- Friday, 15.01.2021: 15:00 – 16:30 CET (virtually via Zoom)
- Friday, 29.01.2021: 13:15 – 16:30 CET (virtually via Zoom)
- Saturday, 30.01.2021: 13:15 – 16:30 CET (virtually via Zoom)