Theses at Wi1 (Diploma, Master and Bachelor Thesis)
We offer diploma, master and bachelor thesis in the field of innovation, leadership and cooperation systems. The topics are either based on our ongoing research projects or on the cooperation with our partners in academia and business practice. In the context of diploma and master thesis, we mainly focus on empirical topics and provide support to learn the needed skills if necessary. Bachelor thesis (and “Studienarbeiten”) can also be based on theoretical work. To get insights into the content and formal requirements please read our guide “How to write a thesis” carefully. Also, please check your particular “Studien- und Prüfungsordnung” for the formal framework of your thesis.
What we provide
We provide support in the structuring and management of your research project, by fixing the exposé and structure of your work when starting to work on your thesis. The exposé will include your research questions (based on the state-of-art of the literature) and we will discuss with you the ways how you will collect your data or approach your theoretical work. As long as you are working on your thesis you are required to participate in our “master seminar”, respectively “bachelor seminar” or “Diplomanden-Kolloquium” and to present your findings. This will help you to get important input from us and your peers to further improve your work!
Applying for a Topic
If you are interested in one of our topics please send your full application via email to the particular contact person. Your application should include:
- A short letter of motivation – why do you think that this topic is interesting?
- Do you have a specific background in the field?
- Transcript of records (“Notenübersicht”)
- Relevant certifications (e.g. certification of the bachelor degree, “Vordiplom”)
If you have own ideas in the field of innovation, leadership and cooperation systems please send us a short outline of your idea (including some references) and how you plan to collect your data. We will check your application and will contact you as soon as possible.
Important Information for Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen Students
Students from the study field of Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen are very welcome to write their project or master thesis at our chair. Due to the regulations of this particular study program, there are a few conditions which need to be taken in notice:
- A student can write any thesis if:
- he/she chose the WING Studienrichtung IIS
- he/she chose the WING Studienrichtung Management and enrolled at least in one of the following courses:
- Service Innovation
- Innovation & Leadership
- Designing Technology
- Value Co-Creation Seminar
- Platform Strategies
- Organizing for Digital Transformation.
- WING students that chose the WING Studienrichtung FACT or Marketing can unfortunately not write any thesis at our chair.
- A project thesis and a course can be taken simultaneously in the same semester.
- A master thesis can only be written in exceptional cases when a course was not taken in advance. Then both the master thesis and the course need to be taken in the same semester. These specific cases are assessed and decided upon by the examination office (Prüfungsamt). The contact person in charge is still the supervisor from the chair.
- If an exception is granted by the examination office and the master thesis and the course are taken in the same semester, the inclusion of this particular course into the grade sheet is mandatory, even if the grade is lower to previously taken courses.