Julius Kirschbaum, M. Sc.
Julius Kirschbaum has a Master of Science in Industrial Engineering – Material Science, which he studied at RWTH University until 2018. He focused his studies on Metallurgy and Innovation Management. During his studies, he worked at the “Chair and Institute of Industrial Engineering and Ergonomics”, the “IME Process Metallurgy and Metal Recycling” and at the “FIR an der RWTH” as a student assistant. Since 2019 he is a doctoral candidate and working at the Chair of Information Systems – Innovation & Value Creation, conducting research on innovation ecosystems and artificial intelligence, especially in the field of Natural Language Processing.
Since 2011, he is also working at Engineers without Borders (Ingenieure ohne Grenzen e.V.) as a volunteer. He is active in the field of knowledge management and education.
- IIP-Ecosphere (Industrial Intelligent Production)
- Digital Transformation Project (DTP) – Master Course – Summer Term
- Designing Technology (DT) – Master Course – Winter Term
- Praktikum Wirtschaftsinformatik – Summer and Winter Term
- Medienkompetenz (E-Media) – Bachelor Course – Summer Term
- Innovation and entrepreneurship for engineering, natural science, architecture and social science
- Student Assistants Employment (Einstellung von studentischen Hilfskräften)
Fields of Interest:
- Digital Transformation
- Innovation Ecosystems
- Artificial Intelligence in manufacturing
- Natural Language Processing
- Design Science Research (DSR)
Use-Case-based Innovation for Artificial Intelligence - An ontological Approach
Thirtieth European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2022) (Timișoara, 21. June 2022 - 24. June 2022)
The How and Why of AI
Dcotroal Colloquium EURAM 2021 (online, 14. June 2021 - 15. June 2021)
A Systematic Characterization of Artificial Intelligence Business Models as a Fundament for Business Model Innovation and Strategic Decision-Making
21st European Academy of Management (EURAM) Conference 2021 (Montreal/virtual, 16. June 2021 - 18. June 2021)
Roleplaying in inter-organisational relationships – The Case of AI-based Innovation Ecosystems
BAM Doctoral Conference 2021 (online, 24. March 2021 - 24. March 2021)