Strategies for the utilization of artificial intelligence to attain competitive advantage
A plethora of actors from research and practice alike marvel about the great potential of the application of artificial intelligence (AI). However, when it comes to the hard facts, firms regularly struggle to identify suitable business cases to regain the heavy investments often necessary to develop AI-based offerings.
Hence theses in this topic revolve around factors influencing the successful utilization of AI, approached from a broader economic or the more specific business model perspective.
Theses in this center of gravity mainly examine the role of AI in the value creation and value capture of organizations.
// Utilization of AI for value creation
- Uncovering factors for the successful management of multiple (complementary) business models for strategic advantages in the technology sector
- Value creation and value capture in distributed business models utilizing smart technologies
- for example: The utilization of AI to support value co-creation
// Leveraging AI to achieve superior value capture
- Strategies for the utilization of AI to attain competitive advantage
- Profiting from innovation: Surveying and explaining revenue models as well as sales models for innovations utilizing AI
Potential topics in this center of gravity shall revolve around the fields of information systems as well as strategic and organizational management. Theses in this topic are connected to the research project IIP-Ecosphere (https://www.iip-ecosphere.eu/) of our chair.
If you are interested in this topic, please contact Matthäus Wilga (email@example.com) and regard the guidelines for thesis applications on our chair’s website (https://www.wi1.rw.fau.de/thesis-offerings/).